[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- West Virginia running back Noel Devine was among four Mountaineers' football players to plead no contest to misdemeanor battery charges after being arrested Thursday.
Also arrested were defensive back Eain Smith, 19; cornerback Brantwon Bowser, 20; and running back/receiver Jockee Sanders, 19, the Morgantown Police Department said in a news release.
[+] EnlargeAP Photo/Mary Schwalm
Noel Devine, who ran for 108 yards and two touchdowns in the Fiesta Bowl, was among four Mountaineer players arrested on Thursday.
Each player pleaded no contest in Morgantown Municipal Court, the police department said.
It was not immediately known whether the municipal court assessed any penalties against the players. A telephone message left Thursday night with the municipal court was not immediately returned.
Police said the charges stemmed from an altercation outside Club Z in Morgantown on Feb. 16 but did not provide details.
"Discipline with the situation has already been handled within the program," WVU football coach Bill Stewart said through a spokesman. He said he would have no further comment.
Last month, Stewart dismissed three other players charged with felony possession of marijuana with the intent to deliver.
West Virginia begins spring practice Friday.
Devine, a 20-year-old freshman, capped a stellar first season with West Virginia by running for 108 yards and two touchdowns in a 48-28 victory over Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl.
i really cant say im surprised
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueWahooChambor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i really cant say im surprised </div></div>
Nothing surprises me anymore with kids today.
Really, who didn't see that coming?
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
I sadly saw it coming, but this is just one of those kids you want to see put it all together and be the dominating player he can be. I'm afraid we're looking at the next Lawrence Phillips/Ricky Williams though...but I hope I'm wrong.
He may be a 'Neer, but he's a Florida boy, one of the best to ever come out of the state--I'm rooting for him. He needs to grow up, get past this stuff, and concentrate on tapping all the potential he's got.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
I'm lookin forward to White/Devine vs. Auburn's D.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sadly saw it coming, but this is just one of those kids you want to see put it all together and be the dominating player he can be. I'm afraid we're looking at the next Lawrence Phillips/Ricky Williams though...but I hope I'm wrong.
He may be a 'Neer, but he's a Florida boy, one of the best to ever come out of the state--I'm rooting for him. He needs to grow up, get past this stuff, and concentrate on tapping all the potential he's got. </div></div>
i agree
i just dont see him as getting that done
sadly i see another case of watsed talent
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueWahooChambor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i really cant say im surprised </div></div>
Indeed.
Officially retired
Can anyone say, Pacman??
Cheering for Twin Springs is like cheering for the Taliban
Bookmarks